Cross-site scripting (XSS) is one of the most common web vulnerabilities and can lead to phishing attacks, website defacement, session hijacking and installation of malware on a victim’s computer. In this webinar, Zach Jones, senior manager for static code analysis from WhiteHat Security’s Threat Research Center, will discuss cross-site-scripting attacks and how to best defend against them.
In this webinar, we will:
- Provide examples vulnerable code patterns.
- Discuss misconceptions about the level of protections provided by specific technologies.
- Discuss obscure examples of XSS and the differences between various remediation and mitigation strategies.
WhiteHat Security has extensive experience working with customers to identify and fix the latest web application vulnerabilities. Join us to gain a deeper understanding of common web application vulnerabilities, get expert technical advice on defensive tactics, and learn best practices to safeguard your apps from being exploited.
Upcoming topics for WhiteHat Secure Coding webinars will include:
- Denial of Service (Availability.Stream.Readline, Availability.Stream.Readfile, Availability.Regex.Dos)
- Application Misconfiguration (Error.Information.Disclosure, Error.Handler.Global)
- Unpatched Library