PHOENIX — April 08, 2019 — Channel Partners has announced that WhiteHat Security, the leading application security provider committed to securing digital business, is a finalist in the White Hat category of its inaugural Channel Partners Excellence in Digital Services Awards.
The category honors partners who protect customers from cyberthreats, and WhiteHat is specifically being recognized for its work with Document Logistix, a UK-based document management firm. Seeking a higher level of confidence in its application security testing, the company turned to WhiteHat Security to secure its DevOps environment and automate its processes. Document Logistix uses WhiteHat Sentinel Source for static application security testing (SAST) and WhiteHat Sentinel Dynamic for dynamic application security testing (DAST). The company also relies on the security experts within WhiteHat’s Threat Research Center (TRC) for added assurance in uncovering security vulnerabilities.
“We are extremely honored to be named a finalist for the White Hat award by Channel Partners this year. Being considered for this prestigious award further validates the work we are doing at WhiteHat to make DevSecOps a reality for customers across the globe.” said John Atkinson, vice president of Partnerships at WhiteHat Security. “Document Logistix is a great example of how we empower our partners with information and competitive solutions that enable them to help their customers build and run secure applications.”
The Excellence in Digital Service Awards, presented for the first time this year, recognize partners who deliver stellar business outcomes for their clients. Recognition is provided in 10 categories, with two additional awards presented for special achievement among all applicants.
The 10 categories are:
- Cloud Builder Award for excellence in helping customers cloudify their business
- Vanguard Award for partners that turned their digital transformation expertise inward to revitalize their business
- Code Controller for partners that help customers with custom code development for deployment
- Consultant of the Year for excellence in developing, provisioning and managing personalized, specialized IT services
- Brand Builder for partners that use improved processes and insights to improve their client’s end-customer experience and thus increase brand loyalty and profit margins
- Master of Disaster for partners that take creative steps to protect customers from data loss and the resulting business disruption
- Next-Gen Telecom Award for excellence in delivering telecommunications and collaboration capabilities including client/user support
- Purveyor of Productivity for excellence in helping customers wring maximum value out of their investments in people, systems and technology
- Visionary Award for partners that employed newer, cutting-edge technologies including machine learning, AI, virtual or augmented reality, blockchain or IoT as the primary enablers of their solutions
- White Hat Award for partners who protect customers from cyberthreats or provide physical security through such means as video surveillance projects
The two special awards are:
- Vertical Virtuoso for excellence in retail, health care or another vertical
- Digi Master for the partner entry that exhibited maximum digital transformation brilliance
The awards are open only to channel partners — agents, VARs, dealers, SIs, MSPs, consultants and other partner firms.
Applicants submitted case studies of projects they had completed in the previous year. Submissions were judged by the Channel Partners editorial staff and members of the Channel Partners Advisory Board.
“We were impressed with the quality of the entries in our first Digi awards,” said Lorna Garey, editor-in-chief for Channel Partners. “Being named a finalist is an achievement. Our judges, including CompTIA’s Carolyn April, IDC’s Sean Riley and Forrester’s Jay McBain, are longtime channel watchers who know what it takes for partners to move their customers into the digital future.”
Winners will be announced during a networking reception held as a part of the Channel Partners Conference & Expo, April 9-12, at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
About WhiteHat Security
WhiteHat Security has honed its 18 years of experience in the application security space to provide developers with the tools and services they need to write and deliver the most secure software at the speed of business. The award-winning WhiteHat Application Security Platform, which has been featured on the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing for the last five years, is empowering true DevSecOps by continuously assessing the risk for organizations’ software assets and helping them to embed security throughout –and beyond– the software life cycle (SLC). The company is based in San Jose, California, with regional offices across the U.S. and Europe. For more information on WhiteHat Security, please visit www.whitehatsec.com, and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
About Channel Partners
For more than 25 years, Channel Partners has been the undisputed leader in providing news, analysis and education to the indirect sales channels serving the business technology and communications industry. In addition, Channel Partners online delivers a constant content stream of unique and breaking industry news, feature articles and premium downloadable content. As official media of Channel Partners Conference & Expo and Channel Partners Evolution, Channel Partners is the market leader that channel professionals turn to first.
Emily Gallagher/Alyssa Pallotti