- Listen to our monthly AppSec Stats Flash podcast
- LEARN MORE
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes ERP systems attractive to hackers?
ERP systems store business critical data on manufacturing formulations, supply chain information, credit cards, logistics, procurement, and they interface with payment gateways. This makes them a treasure trove for the bad actors.
In addition to that, ERP solutions are no longer solely behind the organization’s firewall and network. They are web enabled, allowing employees and users to access these systems over the internet and even across mobile devices. This increase in accessibility to an organizations’ data is a huge motivator for hackers.
Traditional firewalls and intrusion protection systems do not provide adequate protection against application-level attacks. You need an application security solution that can scale to the size of your operations and provides continuous application security assessments.
How should you protect against application-level attacks?
WhiteHat Sentinel Dynamic is a software-as-a-service platform that enables your business to protect your ERP applications by deploying a scalable application security program. By combining our technology with the human intelligence of the world’s largest security team of our Service Delivery, we deliver the world’s most powerful solutions for detecting security vulnerabilities in your ERP applications with near zero false positives.
What are the benefits of dynamic application security testing?
- Verified vulnerabilities with near zero false positives: Eliminate time spent by security teams chasing down false positives & enable you to target high priority issues.
- Continuous, concurrent assessments: Alerts for newly discovered vulnerabilities & metrics to identify improvement in security measures over time.
- Production safe assessments: Customized testing for safety first by analyzing web application inputs, state-changing requests, and sensitive functionality plus no performance degradations due to scanning payload being equivalent to a single user.
- Enterprise class reporting: Business unit level aggregation of data in flexible formats & ability to monitor trends and key statistics such as remediation rate, time to fix vulnerabilities and age of vulnerabilities
Why should you integrate dynamic application security testing with WAF?
Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) set security policies that instantly block attempts to exploit vulnerabilities in production environments. Emergency patches can be disruptive to developers and the rush to x can limit a developers’ ability to properly test xes before implementation. Alternatively, waiting for deployment of new releases leave the applications unprotected and vulnerable to exploitation.
WAFs mitigate vulnerabilities as they are discovered, allowing developers to prioritize their remediation efforts and to design and implement code fixes based on their schedule. With the WhiteHat Sentinel Dynamic – WAF integrations, organizations can identify and verify vulnerabilities – and then virtually patch them in minutes. Several WAF vendors leverage WhiteHat’s API’s to automate a majority of the virtual patching process. While this won’t take the place of the application remediation process, it does provide a temporary solution to ensure security between the time a vulnerability is discovered via Sentinel Dynamic and manual verification, to the time new software is released or until proper fixes can be tested and implemented.
By combining policy based security from a web application firewall and best-in-class dynamic application security scanning technology, WhiteHat Sentinel Dynamic- WAF integrations provide all-inclusive, automatic application security.